You know when you venture into the magical land of Pinterest and you decide to try a project? And you’re like, “I really hope this works…”
And then it does.
And you’re like “Oh HECK yes!!”
I followed Karrie’s recipe, and would like to share it with you, too!
1 Cup Washing Soda
1 Cup Baking Soda
3 packages unsweetened lemonade drink mix
1 Cup of Kosher Salt
1 Cup Water
>>>> You’ll also need several empty ice cube trays
1. Mix all ingredients (except water) together well.
2. Add water and wait until the mixture stops bubbling/fizzing.
3. Mix together until the mixture is the texture of wet sand.
4. Firmly press spoonfuls of the mixture into ice cube trays.
5. Place the trays in a sunny spot and let them dry for at least 24 hours.
6. Pop those puppies out and store in an airtight container! (I use a heavy ziploc bag)
The first couple times I used these, they definitely cleaned our dishes, but they left a cloudy residue on our tupperware 😦 I’m pretty sure this has something to do with our hard water, so I started throwing 1/2 cup of vinegar in the bottom of our dishwasher before loads. This acts as a rinse aid, and our dishes have come out sparkling clean ever since!
This recipe made about 2 dozen tabs for us, and they smell so lemony fresh 🙂 I love being able to save money on little things around the house!
Have you ever made your own cleaning supplies? How did it go?