Linking up with The Tiny Twig – Goals with Grace!
There are two weeks of summer left.
Hans starts back at teaching and I start my final semester in undergrad. We’re trying to grasp the last bits of summer…holding tightly to our back porch dinners, sleeping in, Harry Potter movie nights and quiet afternoons. The stillness of the mornings, as sunshine tumbles into our bedroom and we snuggle sleepily together under the sun-dried sheets…it’s bliss that I’ll miss.
July just went too quickly. Too quickly for me to knock out all of my goals.
Nah. Homegirl just got a little lazy. But August is going to be buuuuusy, so that’s ok, right?
My July Goals
1. Pray with Hans about future ministry involvement | Yes. Hans and I live near one of the worst neighborhoods in Topeka…like, this neighborhood has the highest infancy mortality rate in the entire state. Our church is part of a ministry in that area: focused on reducing homelessness, increasing education, and empowering families. We’re confident this is where God is leading us.
2. Read 3 books that inspire me | Almost…1 1/2 books!
3. Organize + Strategize for OYD | Yes! I made progress, though not as much as I’d hoped.
4. Memorize Psalm 16 | Almost done!
5. Look into IRA’s | No. Ugh. I don’t want to talk about it.
For what it’s worth, Hans and I did do some Dave Ramsey reading and talk about IRA’s. We just haven’t officially set anything up yet. Hey, but we did look into life insurance! Do we get grown-up points for that?
1. Read through Proverbs
2. Encourage Hans as he starts the school year
3. Prepare for my semester
4. Transfer OYD to wordpress.org! YAY!
5. Go to the gym at least 3 mornings a week
I just started my second set of Lara Casey PowerSheets, too. As Lara says, the PowerSheets don’t do the work for you. But they do help you make a plan to make your goals happen. They are a great planning and vision-casting tool, and I don’t regret a penny that I spent on them!
How are you going to spend the rest of your summer?