Linking up with The Tiny Twig – Goals with Grace!
(I’m going to pull out a cliché blogging line and hopefully you’re going to be okay with it)
Want to grab a cup of coffee and sit for a spell? Can we talk? I feel like I’ve said this a lot to you lately, but I really hate not being super involved with blogging right now. This season of life is just busy, and it stinks. I’m in my last (blessed) semester of school and working part-time, and I sorta like to maintain a relatively clean home and genuine conversations with my husband.
I feel tension between “Oh gosh, I would love to blog full time” and “Oh gosh, I need to graduate.” In light of the Influence Conference last weekend, that tension is more acute. Why on earth would I want to study the Italian Renaissance when there’s Kingdom work to be done?!
Studying the Italian Renaissance is Kingdom work. At least for me. At least for now.
It’s not my favorite, but it’s what the Lord has put in front of me and called me to walk through. I trust that He has good plans for my life post-graduation, and for OYD.
So, my sweet friend…please hang in there with me until December. We’ll celebrate graduation and I’ll blog like 6 times a day. (not really, but maybe…) Sound good?
Good. Thank you.
In other news, let’s talk about goals!
My September Goals
1. Join a ladies Bible Study Yes! I quite enjoy it, too. Except (womp womp) I decided to opt out for the rest of the semester 😦 Between work/school/marriage, it just wasn’t working.
2. Celebrate our one year wedding anniversary Yes! Hans and I had a getaway to KC 🙂
3. Work hard in school Yes. Ugh.
4. Learn a ton at the Influence Conference! YES. It was lovely, centered on the Gospel, and also super overwhelming. I need to write about it soon.
5. Lose 2 pounds a week Yes! Technically I lost like 7 pounds, but whatever.
1. Read “The Passion of Jesus Christ” by John Piper
2. Read “Power of a Praying Wife” by Stormie Omartian
3. Keep working hard in school
4. Do the Write 31 Days Challenge from The Nester (I’m writing on simplicity! Find more here)
>> expect short posts, y’all…there’s only so much I can do.
5. Lose another 2 pounds a week – the healthy way!
What are YOUR goals for October?